L3 2012 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Award
Dr. Karen McCloskey
Nanyang Technological University
Best Student Research Awards
University of Warwick
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
"To speak a language is to take on a world, a culture," says Frantz Fanon. To undestand a culture fully, one must first be dedicated to learning its native language. Linguists well as our body of literature play a crucial role in unlocking the secrets behind the world's multitude of languages, and helping people understand how the human mind works across time and space, from different eras and individual cultures.
Where spoken word, in its millions of years of evolution, fails to provide insights on historic and modern literature, linguists, with their uncanny curiosity, help convey messages from languages long dead and forgotten. Thus a discourse in the field of language, linguistics and literature is significant to gather and understand different perspective in our culture and the society between the past and the present.
Opening Address will be delivered by:
||Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin
Member, Board of Governors, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF)
Former Speaker Parliament of Australia
Former Deputy Vice Chancellor (Strategy and Planning)
Curtin University of Technology
Former Pro Vice Chancellor International, Victoria University
Keynote Address "'Translating' The Other: The Making of the Modern Arabic Translation Movement" will be delivered by:
||Prof. Daniel Newman
Head, Arabic Department
Course Director, M.A. Arabic-English Translation and Interpreting
School of Modern Languages and Cultures
University of Durham, England
Keynote Address "The Applicability of Teachers’ Motivational Strategies in Improving Undergraduate Education" will be delivered by:
||Dr. Cheung Yin Ling
Assistant Professor of English Language and Literature
National Institute of Education
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-3566, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-3574) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Education (JEd) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest & Ulrichsweb.
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• L3 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the L3 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES